Molded Vinyl Prices
Order Online 24/7, It's Safe & Secure
Still Have Questions? Call 800-780-2974 During Regular Business Hours
Process Used To Vacuum Mold Our Vinyl Floor Covering Products
Auto Interior and Upholstery
offers the Number 1 selling
molded vinyl floor covering in the aftermarket industry.
Our customers' agree that it beats our
competitors' generic fit vinyl floor covering hands down!
Below is the process used to shape the vacuum molded vinyl floor covering that we offer.
As you can see, it is all about taking the time, using the proper heat settings and having the precision molds that makes the end product superior to most aftermarket vinyl floor coverings available from other vendors. At Auto Interior and Upholstery, each product is manufactured to fit a specific year, make and model vehicle floor pan to ensure the proper factory style fit.
There is NO GENERIC FIT, as offered by competitors.
The mold used in this particular demonstration is for the wheel wells of a 1973-1991 Chevy Blazer. Again, each mold is specific to the year, make and model vehicle that it will fit.
For a larger view of the pictures, please click on them.
1. The process starts by cutting the vinyl to fit the particular mold to be used.
2. The vacuum mold is placed on
3. The time and temperature is set for the specific mold.
4. The moldable vinyl is then
clamped onto the frame.
5. The moldable vinyl is heated to the proper temperature while on the frame.
6. When heated to the proper temperature, the frame will automatically come down over the selected vacuum mold.
7. The vacuum will automatically come on and the vinyl will be pulled into the mold and held that way for the correct amount of time to allow for proper cooling.
8. The now cooled, molded
vinyl is removed from the mold and placed on a "trim mold". It is rough
trimmed (but still left large).
9. A card is then attached
to the front and center of the vinyl floor covering to show you which way is the
front on your new product.
Our Installation Information is located on our website for your convenience and we strongly recommend you read through it entirely before starting the installation of any product.
10. The molded vinyl floor covering is then sent to the boxing area where it is folded and boxed and also the padding for the floor pan areas is folded and added to the box.
Your new molded vinyl floor covering is now on it's way to you!
We generally ship our products out within 24-48 business hours after your order is received--Wow, that's fast!
Other Information you may be interested in:
Installation Information--For Both Carpet & Vinyl
Prices--Both Carpet & Vinyl
This page copyright © 1992-2013 Auto Interior and Upholstery
link to us